Friday, November 23, 2012

Black Friday 2012



It’s Black Friday – anyone want to guess what I did today?   Shopping?  No freaking way – I have zero desire to fight the crowds for “bargains” in the middle of the night or early morning.  This lady enjoys sleeping at night and getting to sleep past 6:30 a.m. on a Friday is pure luxury.  So instead of shopping I started Christmas decorating. I decided that this year less is more.  Simple and uncluttered.  I think I used about one-third of the decorations we own.

I decided to go with a Christmas tree theme this year.  Trees I’ve collected, trees we’ve made, funky trees, traditional trees.  Some made of glass, others of paper, some covered with ribbon and others with glitter.







I also went with a few pine cones I picked up at Marshall’s in early November during a half price sale.  I mixed them up with some ornaments in a couple of antiques boxes.  I love the look. 




I also changed out the pillows in the living room.  





And put together a quick centerpiece for the dining room table. 



Our oldest daughter wrapped gifts for her friends.  



I can hardly wait until we go pick our tree this weekend!

1 comment:

  1. I love the naughty and nice pillow.....thanks for sharing. :-)

    ReplyDelete