Sunday, October 7, 2012

Fall is in the Air

Highs in the 60's - Lows in the 40's.  We're getting closer to the season I love best - WINTER!  But for now I'm just waiting for the first good freeze, as fall allergy season is in full swing.   I put away some of my summer decor over the weekend and purchased some pumpkins and gourds to place around the house. 

I made another mini pumpkin wreath like I did last year.  I like this year's much better.




I also got out a large candle holder and some popcorn for the dining room table.  A large plastic charger plate from the dollar store and some gourds and I ended up with a nice center piece without breaking the bank.  



I did a new project from some $1 wine bottle coolers I got from Hobby Lobby.  Some construction paper and my Silhouette and I ended up with something cute.  The mini pumpkin on the candle holder just adds a bit more fall to the room.  I need to add a little more to this, but I just don't know what to add. 




I also took the remaining mini pumpkins and gourds and placed them in a granite ware berry bucket.  So very easy and it will last until Thanksgiving.  



Sharing with:  http://www.savvysouthernstyle.net/2012/10/wow-us-wednesdays-87.html
http://www.thethriftyhome.com/2012/10/158th-penny-pinching-party.html
http://twosucculentsisters.blogspot.com/2012/09/thirty-days-of-pumpkins.html

7 comments:

  1. Our temps are exactly the same and I really look forward to the end of MY allergies, too! lol!

    Your decorations are very cute...I love the centerpiece with the corn and candle and your bucket of gourds is very sweet! I love fall and fall decorating! Hope you are having a wonderful weekend! :)

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything looks beautiful! That wreath is so sweet. Megan

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the decorations. Very simple and pretty. I want to use the corn for something too. Very Nice. Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for linking to the PUMPKIN PARTY on our blog! You helped make it great!! Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. I Love this!
    www.agirlandherstamps.blogspot.com
    New follower!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is the cutest thing I have ever seen! I love wreaths and pumpkins! I would LOVE for you to showcase it on my SHOW-licious Craft Showcase party. I host it every Sunday (I know it's Monday but I am still taking submissions...lol) I would love for you to link up and showcase your crafts! Just follow the link....http://sewliciousdecor.wordpress.com/2012/10/14/sunday-craft-showcase-3

    ReplyDelete
  7. love it, simple and gorgeous! thanks so much for sharing on craft schooling Sunday!

    ReplyDelete