Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Spring Planters

Although I'm more of a cold weather/winter type person, I do enjoy spring also.  This year I decided to look for some different planters for my flowers.  I already have several granitware pieces that I use but I'm wanting to get away from the clay pots and the newer looking stuff. I've already used a vintage chicken feeder as a planter for some violas earlier this spring and was on the watch for other items to used as planters. 



I found this white porcelain chamber pot in the back of a flea market.  It is missing the handle and has a chip around rim in the back but it's a good size and it has great crackle in the finish. 




I also found this nice old galvanized bucket, it's got some great character.  It's bottom is rusty and has a few holes (pre-made drain holes).  But it looks so good with the plant in it.

11 comments:

  1. oh they are just lovely! I am glad you are rescuing things and finding new life for them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It totally bought an awesome look to the same space.. Thanks for linking up at friday fun party..

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are great! I'm always looking for unusual things to use as planters too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your planters! - certainly a great vintage rustic look!


    Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
    Hope you have a fabulous week!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your idea of using vintage containers for planters!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great ideas. I have an old metal bucket--maybe I'll do this. Big pots are so expensive good alternative.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love all your containers! The chamber pot is a beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your containers! Isn't it so fun to repurpose? I'm going to have to be on the lookout now!

    ~Shanon

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are sooo gorgeous! Lucky you. Super-great finds :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. These look great. Iv been recycling some non pot plant type holders lately as well, I think they look so much classier than the standard pots. Today I planted up an old toilet paper holder and so far so good I dont think anyone would ever know what it was before!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love how you are gathering up antique pieces to plant your flowers in. Very creative!
    Joyce M

    ReplyDelete