Sunday, December 11, 2011

Vintage Ornaments

I’m kind of on a vintage kick this year for my Christmas decorations.  Not everything is old but all of it is fabulous!   Today, I’m sharing fabulous vintage ornaments!  I must say - I can hardly wait to find more - I adore the hunt!




At the November Bottoms Up flea market I found several great vintage Christmas ornaments, each were $1.00 or less – what a bargain!  Someday I hope to be able to add some of the ornaments from my grandparents to my collection. (Mom - that's a direct hint!)  I’d  been eying this great silver display thingy for the last few years – this year I decided it was time for it to come home.  I think it's going to be used year round - I can just see it with some wonderful glittery hearts - but that still a way off, for now back to Christmas!



I found several different styles of ornaments, ridged, swirled, striped and my favorite the frosted bells.   I love them!

6 comments:

  1. Love all your new goodies ! I think those old vintage shiny bright ornaments are still just the coolest ever especially the pink ones! Enjoy them ! Merry Christmas to you , and I wish you luck in finding many more! hugs lilraggedyangie

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great start to a fabulous collection. I love old vintage ornaments and keep my eye out for them at thrift stores. Keep dropping those hints to mom!!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful ornaments! I remember my granny having some like this! I wonder what ever happened to them..

    Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
    Hope you have a great week!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are the kind of ornaments we put on our tree in the 50's. I loved seeing them again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful...I'm a new follower. Stop by and enter to win my Heirloom ornament made with vintage jewelry...only 1 day left to enter. Warm wishes

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous ornaments. I especially love the ones that look like light bulbs.

    Cheers,
    Tracy Screaming Sardine

    ReplyDelete