Monday, December 5, 2011

Jingle Bell Trees


My mom was down over the weekend – we were in Kansas City all day Friday (two thumbs up for the West Bottoms) and got lots of Christmas shopping done.  Saturday we hung out and did the Wal-Mart thing and Sunday – I talked her into some crafties.

We started by making some glitter frosted Christmas light bulbs.  Then we moved on to jingle bell trees.

 

We used the springs from and old chair cushion I salvaged over the summer.  We strung bright red jingle bells onto the springs




and used a dab of hot glue to keep them from sliding. 



 Next we stars out of scrapbook paper and glued them to the top of the springs. 



I think she had fun crafting and she did a good job.  It’s the first time she’s done crafty thing with me.  


linking with: http://savvysouthernstyle.blogspot.com/2011/12/wow-us-wednesdays-43.html

12 comments:

  1. So cute...I love re-purposing things. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this clever idea. This tress would make such a cute place card holder or buffet table food id. Thanks for sharing your talent with us. But most of all I’m sure your mother will think often about the time she got to spend with you, doing something that brings her child joy!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are cute! I love working with "Springs" I've posted a few things I've made with them on my blog. They are just so darn cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable...I'm a big spring fan too :) Laurel@chippingwithcharm

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cute is that! I need to remember where to find old springs now--because I can't locate them in junk stores/antique shops--great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun idea, aren't bedsprings the best? Thanks for linking up to Beyond The Picket Fence.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can just hear the song Jingle Bells playing when I see those adorable trees! We would love it if you would please link up with us for Fun Stuff Fridays.
    http://www.toysinthedryer.com/2011/12/fun-stuff-fridays-3.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! So inventive! I know of at least two cats who would love these. I hope you'll stop by and share this at my linky party, it opens later this evening: http://etcetorize.blogspot.com ~

    ReplyDelete
  9. these are beyond adorable! you amaze me with some of the things you come up with! this will be a feature at this week's party! thanks for linking up to tip-toe thru tuesday! hope to see you again this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are so cute; I need to find some springs now. Have a Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete