Saturday, September 24, 2011

Pumpkin Spice Sugar Scrub

Fall is in the air, school is in full swing, fall festivals are going on and I’m more than ready for the first freeze.  I realized the other day that I currently have no fall scented bath and body products.  Living in small town USA limits the options on where to purchase / find what you’re looking for, that’s why I made my own. 



I’ve made my own salt scrub before, this time I’m thinking pumpkin spice sugar scrub, a nice fall scent. 

I started with 1 cup of brown sugar, ½ cup of white sugar and 1 tablespoon of pumpkin pie spice.   



Next I added ½ cup of regular vegetable oil.  I don’t recommend olive oil for this one; I don’t like the smell when mixed with the spice.  You can also use   sunflower oil or safflower oil - I used the vegetable oil because it's what I had on hand.


Just mix this up really well, get out all of the lumps. 



I store it in a plastic container by the tub, as I’m a little too clumsy for oil and glass in the bathroom.  Trust me, it wouldn’t be pretty. 



FEATURED AT: 



Mondays @ All Things Fee!





Linking to:  A Vision to Remember  Funky Junk Interiors  Tater Tots and Jello  It's A Crafty Life  http://thetatteredtag.blogspot.com/  http://www.linda-coastalcharm.blogspot.com/  http://savvysouthernstyle.blogspot.com/  http://www.thethriftyhome.com/

21 comments:

  1. Nice!! I would love it if you would link this up to my Pumpkin Addicts Anonymous link party going on now: http://www.craftyconfessions.com/2011/09/pumpkin-addicts-anonymous-link-party.html
    I hope to see you soon!
    ~Macy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my. I've been looking forward to finding pumpkin ice cream in the stores and pumpkin milkshakes in the fast food joints. Why they only have them this time of year is beyond me -- the spices used are among my favorites (and you get credit for eating a vegetable, right?). I'll definitely be trying this. Thanks for the tips and tricks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet this smells yummy!! Thanks for the directions...I am going to try it! :-)

    XO,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks wonderful and I am looking forward to trying it! Found you through {the girl creative}.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yummm... I swear the smell is almost permeating through the glow of my computer screen!...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I bet this smells yummy. Perfect for the season!
    I am a new follower from Too Cute Tuesday. Vicky @ www.messforless.net

    ReplyDelete
  7. now I'm very inspired to try this. Thanks for the tip about not using olive oil for this. You make it seem so easy, I thought bath scrub would need more items. You're awesome! I started a link party at my blog and I'd love for you to link this up. If you're interested it's http://caribbeanmissionarywife.blogspot.com/ Have a lovely day, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love love love. I'm making it tonight to give as gifts this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, I bet it smells a-mazing! Jen @ www.icantstopcrafting.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a wonderful idea - I love pumpkin everything - now I can add facial scrub to the list!

    Hi - Am your NEWEST FOLLOWER via the BLOG HOP! Nice to meet you!

    Hope you have a wonderful weekend - enjoy all those pumpkins-
    Linda
    beachside cottage

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love love love making my own scrubs too! This reminds me of one I made last fall (they're scrub twins!)

    http://envirocraftiness.blogspot.com/2010/09/autumn-spice-scrub.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great idea! I make my own scrubs but adding pumpkin spice is genious! Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks! I would love to smell like this scrub! It fits my budget, too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I might eat it! Hahah! Love pumpkin smell!

    ReplyDelete
  15. ooh-I am going to try this! My pumpkin spice is about to expire. I need to use it up!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great idea! :) I'd love to feature this next week on Thrifty Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh! I'm pretty sure I'd sneak a taste of that yummy smelling scrub! Thanks so much for dropping by and sharing at the Tuesday To Do Party!
    Smiles!
    Jami
    www.blackberryvine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. did you know that this is alllllll over pinterest?? http://pinterest.com/source/myprojectsandfinds.blogspot.com/

    it's also gonna be featured at my tip-toe thru tuesday party tomorrow!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What an incredible and perfect fall scrub! And such a great way to enjoy the spices of the season without taking in any calories!

    Thank you so much for taking part in "A Little Birdie Told Me..." at Rook No. 17!

    I'm spotlighting your post on my Facebook page today!

    jenn

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thank you so very much for joining the T’ Time Link Party last week! I really love to see all the wonderful ideas. Link parties are also a great way to get your blog out there for others to see. Hope to see you today! Maria Raising4Princesses

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love this!!! I am doing a month of PUMPKIN and have this link on my blog today. Thanks for sharing it!!!

    ReplyDelete