Saturday, September 10, 2011

Boo!

I am so glad fall is here!   I love lows in the 50’s, sleeping with the windows open.  Crunchy leaves and acorns falling from our trees.  It also means some wonderful holidays are right around the corner.  Although my kids are too old to dress up and go out on Halloween, I still enjoy the holiday and decided to get a start on some projects.

The first project is just the simple word boo.


I painted the inside of the letters black. Next I mod podged sheets of scrapbook paper to the letters.  When they were dry, I used a razor blade to trim them up.   I used a couple of embellishments to jazz them up a bit.  I can hardly wait for October to put them up!




LINKING WITH:  I Heart Nap Time  Nifty Thrifty Things  Sister of the Wild West The Tattered Tag Cherished Treasures The DIY Showoff Flamingo Toes Under the Table and Dreaming Hazel and Honeysuckle Petite Hermine  http://www.homesavvyatoz.com/  A Bowl Full of Lemons  My Backyard Eden Craft Couture All Things Fee  Singing Three Little Birds Mad in Crafts Crafts Keep Me Sane  Life Made Lovely  Making the World Cuter Sumo's Sweet Stuff  Skip To My Lou  's So Very Cheri  C.R.A.F.T.  Craft - O - maniac  Embellishing Life  ts a Blog Party   e Making Do inkapotamus Organize with Sandy  http://typeadecorating.blogspot.com/  rafty Confessions  Tell Me Tuesday  Crayon Freckles  Funky Polka Dot Giraffe  Sassy Sites  At Home with K   Ladybug Blessings Type A Decorating  Hope Studios  newnostalgia  Sugar Bee Crafts Today's Creative Blog  Tip Junkie All Things Related  he Blackberry Vine I'm Topsy Turvy  A Diamond in the Stuff Tuesday Glam Party  Nothing But Country  http://mommahenscoop.com/  http://savvysouthernstyle.blogspot.com/  http://www.thethriftyhome.com/  Ginger Snap Crafts  DIY Design  Sugar & Dots  Laugh Love and Craft  My Girlish Whims  Rook No 17  earose Home   Organize Your Stuff Now  Someday Crafts Lil Luna  Sew Much Ado  Blue Cricket Design The Thrifty Home  Twin Dragonfly Designs  Passionatley Artistic  Handy Man Craft Woman  Women who do it all  omnivores-dilemma  zy SItcom  Thrifty Decorating  A Glimpse Inside  sterday On Tuesday  Delightful Order   Beyond the Picket Fence  The Brambleberry Cottage  o Minimalist Here Fireflies & Jellybeans   Rhinestone Beagle  Creative Princess  http://www.thesoutherninstitute.com/2011/09/creative-me-monday.html


23 comments:

  1. What cute papers! I love the sign! It would be great on a mantle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super easy and cute! Much cheaper than purchasing similar ones already done. Come check me out- www.alivedinhome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. The letters look great! I need to do that, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cleverly done! I would love to do this with huge, oversize letters, say 18" tall. Maybe out of foam board? Love the spiderweb paper.

    ReplyDelete
  5. very nice, thanks so much for sharing on Craft Schooling Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute...BOO-tiful for sure! Popping by from Pop Art Minis from the Commercial Break Link Up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this! Coolest Boo I've seen.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would love it if you linked this up at my linky party, Creative Me Monday. It's open Monday-Sat. Here's the link:

    http://www.thesoutherninstitute.com/2011/09/creative-me-monday.html?utm_source=BP_recent

    If you'd add my party to your list that would be great too!

    Hope to see you there!

    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cute and festive! Great job!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very festive. Thanks for posting at the Rhinestone Beagle!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just love these letters.
    Hugs,
    Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your letters are darling- love the different patterns on them! Would love if you would come share at Feathered Nest Friday sometime! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love, love, love this letter idea and it is a great idea for any holiday. Thank you so much for linking your post up at Savvy HomeMade Monday and I hope you will come back to party tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Absolutely wonderful project for this fun time of year! I love the patterns you chose and the adorable embellishments!

    Happy fall!

    Thanks for sharing your creativity at Rook No. 17!
    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those are awesome! Such a fun Halloween decoration! Thanks for sharing on Fancy This Fridays!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a cute project! I love the paper you used too. Thanks for linking to the Open House party and I hope to see you there again.
    Hugs,
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love these! I think I'm definitely going to give them a go! Thanks for sharing :)

    New follower.
    Come visit us @ http://everything-underthemoon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Super cute! Thank you for linking up with Home Sweet Home!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  19. Made my way back to here to tell you I I would love it if you would come by and share this at my linky party.

    http://everything-underthemoon.blogspot.com/2011/09/bedazzle-me-monday-1.html

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks for sharing the easy craft idea! I could do this for any holiday!

    ReplyDelete