Thursday, July 14, 2011

A Reminder - F.B.F.W.

A Round TuitRecently I purchased a great shower curtain at Tuesday Morning for a cool $10.00, so I got to redecorate the bath.  I'll show you the before and after soon, it's not quite done.  What I can and will show you is some wall decor I whipped up.

I started with an unfinished 8" x 11.5" wood plaque from Wally World or Hobby Lobby - just one I picked up on the cheap.
 
I gave it several coats of light blue, got out the Silhouette and clicked on over to Pinterest where I had saved some great ideas.  The only problem was making the decision which idea to use.  I settled on this:




 Even though my girls are teenagers, I still feel the need to remind them of certain things they need to complete before going to bed each night.   Maybe this will help them remember!



Linking to:  http://www.theshabbychiccottage.net/  http://shabbynest.blogspot.com/  Kissed by a Frog  Crystals Craft Spot  momnivores-dilemma  Suzy SItcom  Ain't She Crazy  Saved By Love Creations  Tales From Bloggeritaville  Night Owl Crafting  The Shabby Chic Cottage  Thrifty Decorating  Full Of Great Ideas  A Glimpse Inside  Yesterday On Tuesday   Paisley Passions Delightful Order Somewhat Simple Beyond the Picket Fence 
20 below thursday The Brambleberry Cottage No Minimalist Here Fireflies & Jellybeans Rhinestone Beagle Blue Creek Home A Creative Princess Whipperberry  Bacon Time  Fun Day Friday Very Merry Vintage Style Bubbly Nature Creations The Charm of home Homemaker in Heels Simply Sweet Home Home is Where My Story Begins
Frugal Fabulous Design Just A Girl  Remodelaholic  Common Ground Turly Lovely My Romantic Home The Girl Creative Finding Fabulous  Fingerprints on the Fridge The Shabby Nest  Home Sweet Farm Chic on Shoe String  http://celebrating-family.blogspot.com/2011/07/family-time-tuesday-blog-carnival.html
Iron Violet Designs It's A Hodgepodge Life  Naturally Me Creations Stuff and Nonsense The Speckled Dog Tidy Mom French County Cottage Lovely Crafty Home Spunky Junky  http://craftomaniac.blogspot.com/  Running With Glitter  http://boogieboardcottage.blogspot.com/2011/07/welcome-to-29th-masterpiece-monday.html 
Cherished Bliss   Simply Cadence  J Embllish  A Bowl Full of Lemons  My Backyard Eden  Craft Couture Singing Three Little Birds  Crafts Keep Me Sane  Life Made Lovely
Making the World Cuter  Dittle Dattle Boogie Board Cottage Sumo's Sweet Stuff  Skip To My Lou It's So Very Cheri C.R.A.F.T. Polly Want a Crafter  Southern Hospitality
THe Girl Creative Its a Blog Party  Me Making Do Pinkapotamus Organize with Sandy  http://typeadecorating.blogspot.com/  http://todayscreativeblog.net/get-your-craft-on-crafty-creative-linky-party/  http://gingersnapcrafts.blogspot.com/  http://savvysouthernstyle.blogspot.com/  http://www.thethriftyhome.com/  Kissed by a Frog  Crystals Craft Spot  momnivores-dilemma Suzy SItcom  Ain't She Crazy  Saved By Love Creations  Tales From Bloggeritaville  Night Owl Crafting  The Shabby Chic Cottage  Thrifty Decorating Full Of Great Ideas A Glimpse Inside  Paisley Passions  Delightful Order  Somewhat Simple  Beyond the Picket Fence  20 below thursday
The Brambleberry Cottage  No Minimalist Here Rhinestone Beagle A Creative Princess Whipperberry





40 comments:

  1. Think of something for the bathroom can be a challenge. That would works great.
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is adorable! I need this sign for my hubby! :) I'm here from the Kissed by a Frog Linky Party... I'm a new follower, would love for you to follow me too! :)
    Amy
    redheadedcrafter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you love this kind of stuff, you will love my giveaway!
    Looks delicious! I will try this! There are awesome organizational charts and tools for moms and kids. I hope you will enter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. cute idea. Simple and stylish http://caribbeanmissionarywife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea! I'm sure I will need it when my baby grows older!

    http://yehlofit.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute idea. I stumbled it for you. I would love it if you linked it up on my site for Family Time Tuesday.

    Janice
    Celebrating Family

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's adorable! I'm totally loving the trend of signs in the home.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great idea! I love the color and the font you used. I can think of lots of places and reminders I could use this for around my house.
    Stopping by from It's a Hodge Podge life! Thansk for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is awesome. i have the same problem with pinterest. so many amazing ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love it! My kids are all grown now, but my husband could sure use it hanging in our bathroom! Lol!! Thank you so much for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh this is fabulous!!
    My teens need reminded of these basics at time too! lol love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. right to the point and love it gets the job and reminds them what they are there for LOL come visit me at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Brilliant idea - I love it, but can't read those four words together without getting my tongue in a knot!!! :)

    Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
    Hope you have a great weekend!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. What an absolutely adorable DIY! Well done.

    I hope that you will stop by and enter my giveaway.

    Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  15. what a great idea! How cute.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is really cute. We have been remodeling a bathroom too. I need to get to work on something for the walls. Thanks for linking it up!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love it! My kids soo need that reminder - thanks for sharing at Sugar Bee's party!

    Mary @ Redo 101

    ReplyDelete
  18. really cute and fun! thanks for linking up with VIF,
    xo Debra

    ReplyDelete
  19. I could really use a sign like this, especially with two crazy boys that need constant reminding!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I have a similar sign in my bathroom, too! :) So cute! Following from Sumo‘s Sweet Stuff link party. Would love to have you link this up to my {wow me} wednesday link party going on right now over on my blog. Hope to see you there.

    Ginger
    gingersnapcrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. No one is ever too old for a reminder like this, I need it for the flossing part! thanks so much for sharing on Craft Schooling Sunday, great to see you!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love your blog! I have the same quote in our bathroomw! I'd love it if you came and linked your great ideas to Lovely Little Snippets!
    lovelylittlesnippets.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. again i LOVE THIS!!! thank you so much for sharing and linkin up with tell me tuesday!!
    you rock!
    xoxo
    ash

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is so fabulous! I may need to copy this for my bath too! Thank you so much for linking up with the frog last week!! I hope you will join me again tomorrow!
    HUGS~
    Jenni

    ReplyDelete
  25. very cute thank you so much for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  26. So cute! Especially the heart in the flourish! Thank you for linking to Wicked Awesome Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Very good things to remember! When I try to say it really fast it comes out flosh brush flush wash haha. I love it:)

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love Tuesday Morning. One of my fave places to shop. Great project!!
    Fabulous job. I'm here from Kim's party and I'm a new follower. Hope you stop by for a visit sometime!
    xoxo,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  29. LOL....great idea! :) I would need to BOLD the FLUSH for my boys! :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Good idea and great sign! I came here by way of Time Travel Thursdays. Enjoyed my visit! Thanks, Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  31. Haha everyone still needs reminders! :)

    Thanks so much for linking to "20 Below Thursday", and for adding my link on your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. Too cute! Were the girls miffed at mom's project - thinking you were suggesting they couldn't remember these things? Hopefully not. Being female, they probably just accepted your cute sign as just pretty décor.

    Thanks for linking to the party. I hope to see you each week.

    Blessings,
    Liz @ the Brambleberry Cottage
    http://thebrambleberrycottage.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  33. What a cute idea!
    Thank you for linking up to {nifty thrifty sunday} last week!
    I hope to see more of your creativity this weekend!
    xoxo,
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  34. The sign is so cute! I haven't quite got the hang of my Silhouette yet but practice makes perfect. Thanks for joining my party this week.
    Hugs,
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  35. so simple and clean!

    thanks so much for linking this up to my tip-toe thru tuesday party! hope to see you again this week!

    ReplyDelete
  36. I love it! My girl are 4 and 6 - the perfect age for a reminder like this. I saw you at Truly Lovely's blog hop, and I'm a new follower. Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Beautifully done! I love the fact that's it's decorative AND functional! Can't wait to see what you do with the shower curtain too.

    Thank you so much for linking up to "A Little Birdie Told Me..." at Rook No. 17!

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  38. I think i might need this reminder for myself!

    ReplyDelete