Friday, July 22, 2011

Lampshades and a Glue Gun

About a year ago I purchased a couple of lamps for our bedside tables.  Simple lamps with simple lampshades that matched.  I was giddy, matching lamps in our bedroom – for the first time ever!   Matching yes – but somewhat boring lampshades. 

I love love love this beading – it’s the same beading I used when Mr. Manly Man and I made our headboard.  Brown velvet ribbon with clear, brown and light blue wire wrapped glass beads.  What's not to love? 




I got out my mighty glue gun and went to town.  It only took 10 minutes to do both shades.  Here’s a quick before and after. 



A closer look.



Illuminated



Anyone can have a tan colored lampshade, but how many people have lampshades with beading that match their headboard?  


Linking to: 
A Vision to Remember Funky Junk Interiors Tater Tots and Jello Green Door Designs Craft Envy Passionately Artistic Creative Jewish Mom I Heart Nap Time Nifty Thrifty Things Sister of the Wild West The Tattered Tag Cherished Treasures The DIY Showoff Flamingo Toes nder the Table and Dreaming
The Girl Creative Hazel and Honeysuckle Petite Hermine Cherished Bliss Simply Cadence J Embllish  A Bowl Full of Lemons My Backyard Eden Craft outure R They All Yours All Things Fee Sew Chatty Singing Three Little Birds Mad in Crafts  Simponized Crafts and Then Some Crafts Keep Me Sane
Life Made Lovely Making the World Cuter Boogie Board Cottage Sumo's Sweet Stuff  Skip To My Lou  It's So Very Cheri C.R.A.F.T. Craft - O - maniac
Embellishing Life Polly Want a Crafter Homemaker on a Dime Southern Hospitality THe Girl Creative The Trendy Treehouse Its a Blog Party Me Making Do
Crayon Freckles  A Stroll Thru Life Funky Polka Dot Giraffe Sassy Sites Run with Glitter At Home with K   Ladybug Blessings Type A Decorating Hope Studios ewnostalgia  Sugar Bee Crafts Silly Little Sparrow Today's Creative Blog  Tip Junkie  Coastal Charm  All Things Related  The Blackberry Vine
I'm Topsy Turvy Tuesday Timeout Tuesday Glam Party  http://savvysouthernstyle.blogspot.com/2011/07/wow-us-wednesdays-24.html Ginger Snap Crafts
Sugar & Dots Laugh Love and Craft  My Girlish Whims Rook No 17 Creations by Kara The T Shirt Diaries 733 blog Domestically Speaking rganize Your Stuff Now  Someday Crafts  Lil Luna  Blue Cricket Design  Goodbye City Hello Suburbs  The Thrifty Home  Twin Dragonfly Designs  Passionatley Artistic
Polka Dots on Parade Handy Man Craft Woman  omen who do it all http://lbratina.blogspot.com/2011/07/thrifty-thursday-124-plus-tablescape.html  Kissed by a Frog  Katie's Nesting Spot  Crystals Craft Spot  omnivores-dilemma  Suzy SItcom  Ain't She Crazy  Saved By Love Creations   Tales From   loggeritaville  Night Owl Crafting  The Shabby Chic Cottage  Thrifty Decorating  Full Of Great Ideas  A Glimpse Inside   Paisley Passions  Delightful Order    Somewhat Simple  Beyond the Picket Fence  20 below thursday  The Brambleberry Cottage  No Minimalist Here  Rhinestone Beagle  Whipperberry


25 comments:

  1. Isn't it amazing what a little glue can do?
    I would love for you to show this off at my Wickedly Crafty Saturdays!
    http://wiccanmakesometoo.blogspot.com/2011/07/wickedly-crafty-saturdays-are-back_23.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. a great way to update a room
    I'm inviting you to add this to our linking party at
    http://www.passionatelyartistic.com/2011/07/american-pickers-with-linking-party.html
    Have a great weekend,
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing what a little bit of trim can do to a project! Love the colors and the velvet ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the beading! Nice to have things matching up in the bedroom too!

    Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
    Hope you have a great week!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. very nice! thanks so much for sharing on Craft schooling Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an adorable DIY project! Thank you so much for sharing.

    Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the lampshade. The beads are just the perfect touch. Thanks so much for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so honored that you chose to join the Creative Bloggers' Party & Hop. Thank you for adding this special masterpiece to rock my party :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a small change for a big impact. Even better knowing it matches your headboard. I'm going to be watching for the bead trim.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Perfect touch! Thanks for linking to Wicked Awesome Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. They turned out great! Thanks so much for sharing with Creative Bloggers' Party & Hop...I am co-hosting this week and it was so great having you there!

    creativecarmella.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great idea! Thanks for linking it to Thrifty Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this! Thanks so much for sharing through Kara's Look What I Made Linky Party. :)
    I'd love to invite you to share your projects at my weekly linky party….that I host every Friday. I think my viewers will LOVE your projects too. Thanks for the consideration.
    Tracy ~ Craft Junkie Too

    T.G.I.F Linky Party

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've some old lamps that could use a facelift! Classy idea.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Isn't it amazing what a bit of beading will do for a bedroom? lol Your embellished shades are terrific.

    Thanks for linking to the party again this week.

    Hope your weekend is wonderful!
    Liz @ the Brambleberry Cottage
    http://thebrambleberrycottage.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a cute idea!
    Thank you so much for linking this up to {nifty thrifty sunday} last week!! I would love it if you joined me again tomorrow! :)
    xoxo,
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  17. ah such a fun idea!!! thanks for sharing:)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the beading! Great way to make something plain into a decorator's delight!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very pretty! I love the colors in the beads :)

    Thanks so much for linking to "20 Below Thursday"! And thanks for linking back to my party too :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. It's like accessorizing the lamp! Very pretty.

    I'm your newest follower.

    ReplyDelete
  21. The beaded embellishment is beautiful -- taking the ordinary (but lovely) lamps to a new level of style and elegance. I love that they coordinate with your headboard as well.

    Always a pleasure to have you be a part of "A Little Birdie Told Me..." at Rook No. 17!

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  22. such pretty work! i love how the light shines through the beads when it's turned on! thanks for linking this up to my tip-toe thru tuesday party! hope to see you again this week!

    ReplyDelete