Saturday, July 9, 2011

Brooklyn Park Flea Market

One of my favorite haunts is the Brooklyn Park Flea Market on the east side of the square in downtown Iola. 




I adore the owner, Melinda, she's really down to earth and knows her stuff.  She knows what I like and always lets me know when something good comes in.  I've spent hours upon hours browsing and have found lots of goodies, not all have come home but a few did. 

This parts bin came home a few months ago, I had no plan for where it would go in the house.  It has been propped up against the wall since I brought it home. I did take the time to sand off the magic marker, but other than that, nothing.


 A few weeks after the parts bin, Mr. Manly Man and I found this old buggy wheel.  Thankfully we were in the truck and were able to get it home.  It's just hanging out by the chimney outside. 



The same day I found the buggy wheel I also spotted this gem.  It unfortunately, did not get to come home,   Mr. Manly Man really didn't like it.  When I went back a few weeks later, it was gone.  At least I can look a the picture. . .



I can hardly wait to see what's there next time.

2 comments:

  1. Looks like some good finds at the flea market!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there- found you through the hop and am a new follower. I love flea markets and second hand shops- I really haven't found any good ones yet, here where we live. I hope you have time to follow my life in South Africa by http://withoutcomplexities.blogspot.com

    I hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete