Thursday, June 16, 2011

That Egg Thing – Ranchers Breakfast

One of Rose and Mr. Manly Man’s favorite breakfast meals is one that is loosely based on a Ranchers Breakfast recipe I found years ago.   Rose calls it “That Egg Thing” and Mr. Manly Man calls it that “That Egg Thing That Rose Likes”.  Good thing I know what they are talking about!

Here are the main players of “That Egg Thing”



Eggs, Bacon, Hash Browns and Cheese


I start by cutting the bacon into bite sized pieces and cooking it up nice and crisp.  When cooked, drain on a paper towel.   This is where I always run into trouble, that bacon just sitting there, begging to be eaten.  



Next I cook the hash browns to a nice golden brown.  You can use shredded hash browns or even O’Brien hash browns if you so desire.  I prefer to use hash brown patties.



When the hash browns are done, I fry up the eggs, over easy.  With a little salt for Rose, salt and pepper for Mr. Manly Man. 



To assemble, layer from bottom to top: hash browns, eggs, bacon and then top with shredded cheese. 



30 seconds in the microwave to melt the cheese and here is what they get:




I don’t have the actual recipe but here is what I use per person, you can easily double or triple depending on how many you are cooking for:

2 hash brown patties
3 eggs
2 slices of bacon
1/2 cup cheddar cheese – shredded
salt & pepper to taste.

You can add onions, green pepper, mushrooms, pretty much whatever you want.  I cook them up in a little bit of the bacon grease and put on top of the hash browns for Mr. Manly Man on occasion. 

LINKING TO:
Homemaker Monday
Eat Sew Grow
Home Sweet Farm
Chic on a Shoestring
Very Merry Vintage Style
The Charm of Home
LIttle Brick Ranch
Ann Kroeker.com
remodelaholic
Iron Violet Designs
http://itsahodgepodgelife.blogspot.com/
http://romantichome.blogspot.com/
Fingerprints on the Fridge
Shabby Nest

22 comments:

  1. That looks a hearty breakfast! Hubby would love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks delicious! I know my family will love it. Thanks!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. My husband would be drooling if he could see that bacon right now. It looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks wonderful! I'm so happy to see someone else that's not afraid to eat "real" food! :)

    Sherry @ A Happy Valentine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! I think you're on to something here! Looks and sounds good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks fantastic! Can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks like a great breakfast, I'll be right over. Thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday and hope to see you next week!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks yummy! I should never surf the web on an empty stomach! Now I'm REALLY hungry! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Umm, yes ma'am, that is what I call breakfast! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, boy! I think we have a new weekend favorite! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yum. Breakfast is my favorite meal of the day. I am visiting from Foodie Friday where I saw your rancher's breakfast and had to know more.

    Hope you have a wonderful weekend.
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a simple and satisfying breakfast! I can eat this any time of the day, not just breakfast. Thanks for the idea.

    I'm hosting a cookbook giveaway (On A Stick) on my blog. Please stop by to enter if you're interested. Have a wonderful weekend.

    Amy
    http://utry.it

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks so good - too bad I am on Weight Watchers! But my kids love this and I'm trying to get my daughter to eat more and just yesterday cooked four eggs in the fat of five strips of bacon and she loved it :-) She's just starting to like cheese, so will try your recipe - thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. As a stack this is a great idea! My hubby will go for this one!

    ReplyDelete
  15. this looks like some yummy breakfast goodness! Thanks for the idea and linking to Eat, Grow, Sew!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh! It looks so yummy! Thanks for sharing this lovely recipe! Hope to see you on my blog:)

    Sanghamitra.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This looks very yummy! My son and I love these kind of recipes.

    Cheers,
    Tracy Screaming Sardine

    ReplyDelete
  18. That would be a wonderful breakfast for my guys. Hearty and all in one. thanks for linking it up to Home Sweet Home!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yum, yum, yum! Looks delicious!

    I'd love for you to stop by and share a recipe at What's Cooking Wednesday (http://thekingscourt4.blogspot.com/search/label/Gardening%20101)! Hope to see you there:)

    ReplyDelete
  20. My husband makes something a lot like that -- yummy!

    ReplyDelete