Friday, May 27, 2011

Tea Strainers

I've shown you all little peeks into my home and the some of the projects I've been up to. No it is time for my longest running and most loved project - gray granite ware.   I love the stuff - forget the blue and white, the green Chrysolite and the chicken wire - it has to be gray! I started collecting many years ago and have found many different pieces over the years.  These are some of my favorites:


Yep, tea strainers.  But only gray granite ones.  I really love the one on the lower left, the embossed star, the pretty strainer pattern, it's everything a tea strainer should be.  They are currently and probably permanently on display in my kitchen over the sink.


I promise to show you more of my granite ware collection in the near future.  Have a super weekend everyone!


14 comments:

  1. Those are really cute. I have never seen anything like it. Thanks for sharing at my newbie party. Please add my link or button to your post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never saw these before,, I found you from the newbie party,, I'm a newbie too,,,

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful collection, you are so fortunate!! Please share, link up to my K.I.S.S. Blog Bash. :)

    ~Christina~

    Drop By The Tattered Tag

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the Oklahoma heat is getting to me, I meant to say "Thank you for linking to my K.I.S.S. Blog Bash, I so appreciate it!! :)

    ~Christina~

    Drop By The Tattered Tag

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE these! I love hosting tea parties and collecting vintage tea items and I've never seen anything like these! Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Believe it or not I don't know about granite ware but I love the tea strainers a lot! Thanks for showing them off at Treasure Hunt Thursday.
    Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great collection! And you have them so nicely displayed! Coming over from Common Ground and your newest follower!

    Jeanine

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are wonderul, and I've never seen these before, what a great collection!! xo Debra

    ReplyDelete
  9. I will echo the comments by saying I have never seen these before. Wouldn't it be fun if we could trade thrifting places for a weekend or two so we could experience new items? Smart decorating idea, close to the sink to brighten up your workspace.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi,
    I have worked at an antique mall for 10 years and don't believe I have ever seen any like these.
    Are they hard to find?
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  11. These look really cute!
    Thanks for sharing these as well!
    Hugs,
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your collection! Thanks so much for sharing it at the Tuesday To Do Party! Can't wait to see what you share next!
    Smiles!
    Jami

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those are super cute! Stopping by from today's blog hop and following your great ideas I love the "how to(s)" come by and say hello
    {tara} from Undeserving Grace

    ReplyDelete