Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Cordon Bleu Stromboli

I made this the other day and it was gone in a flash.  My recipe for "home made" bread is the bread machine or the frozen loaves, I think this recipe came from the frozen stuff.   I didn’t have Swiss cheese so I used Mozzarella and I didn’t measure the amounts.  I just can’t cook that way.  If I’m baking I do measure but for everyday meal cooking, not so much.  I consider a recipe more of a guideline.   Next time I'm thinking maybe a good garlic spread instead of the butter to kick it up a bit.


This was a really good guideline that I am glad to share.

1 loaf frozen bread thawed
2 tbs butter, room temperature
8 oz thin sliced deli ham
1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
5 oz thin sliced roasted deli chicken

On a lightly floured surface roll bread dough to a 10 x 8 inch rectangle.  Spread with butter.

Top with chicken, ham and cheese.

Roll up jelly roll style.  Pinch the seam and tuck the ends under. 

Place seam side down on a greased baking sheet.

Cover and let rise for 20 minutes.

Bake at 375 for 25 to 30 minutes. 

*I don't know if leftovers reheat well or not, there were none.

14 comments:

  1. This looks so so yummy! Never would have thought of putting it in Stromboli. Great idea!!

    I'd love for you to link this up to my link party, Your Whims Wednesday! http://mygirlishwhims.blogspot.com/2011/05/your-whims-wednesday-5-and-features.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum, this looks so good! I would not mind having this for dinner tonight at all! Come by and visit me at my blog, www.icantstopcrafting.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my! I would love to have this right now, please! Look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum! Please come and share it at my link party: http://fabricbowsandmore.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks super yummy! Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yummmmmmmm! This looks so delish and so easy to make. I'm going to be trying this soon. :)

    Thanks for linking up to Sunburnt Cow linky!

    Cheers,
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks so good that my mouth is watering! I would probably add something with color, like red peppers or green scallions - I always have to have "color" on my plate (once my husband served chicken, corn and potatoes and I was struggling because everything was the same color - think I have OCD???)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks so fun and easy...I will definitely try it out!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bookmarking this now! I would love to try this!!
    Jennifer
    http://craftyhair.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love Stromboli and this one looks especially yummy!

    Warm Wishes,
    Jodie

    http://lovelaughteranddecor.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow this looks good... Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Saw you over at Iron Violet Designs. This looks so great! Can't wait to try it!

    -Krystal @ recipesofacheapskate.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. do you have a bread machine recipe that is easy. It would be nice to have it posted on your bog! Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my! I can't wait to try this! Thanks so much for sharing.

    I found you on Little Brick Ranch. Hope you can stop by my blog for a visit too.

    Casey
    mrsmeandu.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete