Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Mr. Manly Man's Stash

Mr. Manly Man cleaned out the garage the other day.  Look at this stash he was hiding from me!  Old jars! 


He's been collecting these for years. Now this is father/daughter time, as he and our our eldest daughter spend hours upon hours searching for bottles. I had no idea their collection had gotten this large. I decided to clean up a few of them and put them on display. I love all the different shapes, sizes and colors. The different blues, green, amber and white milk glass. My favorite is the green one.





Somewhere, sometime Mr. Manly Man found this Vaseline bottle, label intact and it still has some Vaseline inside.  



He also found a couple with their rubber stoppers.




My daughter’s favorites are these tiny little bottles.   The small square one in front is the size of a dice and even has the dice markings.  



I did have a hard time arranging these in the cabinet and finally got to the good enough point.  I had to shuffle my granite ware to the bottom shelf which is no big deal I kind of like it all bunched together down there.  Someday I'll get around to sharing my granite ware collection with you.


23 comments:

  1. Ooooo love em. The blue bottles are my favs. I am your newest follower, hope you can pop on by my blog.
    Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the dice bottle...awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. pretty!

    ps found you on a glimpse inside!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The green one is my favorite, too! :) Thanks for linking!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love old bottles. Sometimes I even display them without cleaning them up!!!
    I love how you displayed them.
    Thanks for sharing them at Treasure Hunt Thursday.
    Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow- the one is very tiny. Makes me wonder what was in it. Like just a drop. You did a nice job of arranging. I like the one tipped on its side. Love the blue and green...and ones with old stoppers...and..and...too hard to choose a favorite. Love that it is father daughter time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love vintage bottles! looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I absolutely love old bottles and colorful ones, those are a great collection of bottles, love how you arranged them in the cabinet, looks great!

    I'm following you from homemakeronadime Creative Bloggers' and Hop!

    Susan @ http://tea-diary.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those are some great looking bottles. I love the deep, rich colors of them.
    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love old bottles lovely post and thank you for sharing your inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are all soooo "cool"...you are very lucky that you hubs and daughter love collecting them. Thanks for sharing them at my NIFTY THRIFTY TUESDAYS PARTY...please be sure to post my party button or blog name with a link back to my blog, so all your friends know where to find you...thanks:)

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome. I have a few that I have collected too from when my husband used to dig plumbing lines in the streets of Philadelphia. some of them are so old. I love how you are displaying them. That green one is the best.

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh my... i love treasures. by the way, my favorite is the green too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love those old amber bottles-- I have one too I need to display it somewhere! Nice stash!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awesome!!!I love bottles! Later I'm going to post a creative art project I saw with bottles in Washington. I’m your newest follower from Creative Bloggers Hop. Please follow http://sweetcalifornialiving.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fantastic bottles, specially the colored ones.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  17. old jars are a passion of mine as well love them

    ReplyDelete
  18. what a great collection,thanks for sharing at my party!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Awesome collection - Love the blue and the green one...!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Nice collection! I love bottles. I saw a lady at the flea market a couple weeks ago I say an older lady with a nice collection all kinds of old perfume bottles and tiny aftershave bottles. They are neat to see.

    Benita

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love the back story of your bottles :) Really appreciate you sharing this great post with us at the Creative Bloggers' Party & Hop.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks for sharing all these great bottles! You definitely do have lots of pretties!

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a lovely memory collection...love that your husband and daughter collected them together. I'm so glad you linked it to the Tuesday To Do party! Can't wait to see what lovely you post next!
    smiles!
    Jami

    ReplyDelete