Sunday, April 10, 2011

Are Birdcages Manly?

Here's a cute little number I picked up on one of my recent outings.  It was sitting in the back of a booth in a large flea market, it just kinda caught my eye.  I like that it's not too big and I love the finial on top. And for $9 why not?  I was debating painting it but I was told to just leave it alone, the hubby likes it they way it is.  Yeah you read that correctly - the hubby likes it. 

Kudos to my daughter for the pic.

He told me that he likes birdcages. Who knew?  My Mr. Manly Man likes birdcages?  It kinda threw me for a loop! After almost 18 years I'm just finding this out?  I mean he's a jeep kind of guy - he has three.  You know tools.  Fast cars. Building Stuff.  Mud.  Dirt.  Birdcages?

13 comments:

  1. Ha! That's hilarious! Who knew your jeep-loving man liked birdcages. The things our hubbies tell us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you love it when they surprise us? Fabulous find on the birdcage!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love for you to link up at Inspire Me Mondays @ Singing Three Little Birds!
    http://singingthreelittlebirds.blogspot.com/2011/04/inspire-me-monday.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, birdcages are manly and I commend your son for showing his true self and likes :) Really appreciate you, linking up at the Creative Bloggers' Party & Hop :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. thats funny!! love when husbands all of a sudden have a design opinion!

    http://megschmitt-neveradullday.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Too funny!
    ~Terry
    www.mossandclover.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's hysterical! Hey, a guy has to preserve the mystery to keep the romance alive, right? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's GREAT that he likes it. I even have dishes that Mr. Sweet likes....sure does make me feel good, too. :))
    I am signing up to become a follower..come by my place and try for a win of a beautiful, Danish enamel house sign. :)
    xo bj

    ReplyDelete
  9. that is too funny! hope you don't get in to much trouble for outing him! lol thanks for sharing this at my party!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Must have something to do with metal and bars. Wonder what Freud would say?

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOL..that's so funny! :) Thanks for linking!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Too cute for words. Men are adorable that way. I really want to put a white clay bunny in there with some fun flowers for accent. Thank you so much for posting at the Beagle.

    ReplyDelete