Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Rocking Chair Makeover


A few years ago I was at a farm auction just outside of town and got this rocking chair for a cool $4.00.   I recovered the seat the week after I got it and this was the result.  It worked really well in our living room, green walls, brown sofa, cream drapes. 

Then a while back, we were the recipients of a fabulous dining room table and put the captains chair in the living room and the rocker went to the dreaded storage / laundry room.   




In January we painted the living room and changed out the drapes – I love love love the colors.  So I decided to give the rocking chair a second chance.  I dismantled the seat and now have nine great springs for a future project and asked the hubby to cut me a piece of wood to fit for the new cushion.  Some 2” foam, fabric and a staple gun makes a nice new cushion.  




The frame took a whole lot of sanding, some wood glue and several coats of primer and paint.  A little sanding and/or distressing and I have a new to me rocking chair.  



5 comments:

  1. wow, what a differenc paint and fabric make. this is an awesome redo! thanks for sharing this at my party!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice transformation. Thanks for sharing at WUW.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your rocking chair! It had great bones and you made it even better! Nice makeover!
    xx Michelle :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did a great job! I love the change!

    ReplyDelete
  5. it doesn't even look like the same chair! it is so much prettier and softer now!

    ReplyDelete