Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Distressed Photo Frames


Again I’m working on the details of the living room re-do.  This time photo frames.  Total spent on this project $8.   I had the paint already – duh we’re painting the living room. Photos - check.  Scrapbooking paper - check.    Here's a shot of the frame I started with:




I sanded off the dark finish, a pre-distressing distressing.   Then wiped them down with a damp cloth and dried them completely.  I even shot the blow dryer on them for a few seconds to make sure they were completely dry.  Next I painted them the gorgeous color of St. Croix.  I am in love with this color. 






After they dried for two days, I got the sandpaper back out and started sanding. Distressed down to the brown in some places and all the way down to the wood light wood in others. This is what I ended up with.  That is just a glare from the glass on the top right of the wedding photo.  



I will definately be doing this again!



3 comments:

  1. What a difference. You really changed the look. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a stash of photo frames and love to remake them this way too - good job!

    Jill @ JunkyVagabond

    ReplyDelete