Saturday, January 29, 2011

Blue Ivy and St. Croix . . . ahh the shades of blue.

Mom and I spent an exciting and exhausting day shopping in Olathe, Lenexa and OP.  We found my new living room colors.  The striped material are the curtains from Bed Bath & Beyond.   The wonderful paisley-ish material is for a new cushion on the old rocking chair and a couple pillows.  The blue fringe (Jadyn said it looks like a mop) is going around the lower edge of the rocking chair cushion. The final brown material with the blue flowers is for pillows.








I have a bit of a job ahead for the rocking chair and am contemplating painting the wood.  Ivory? Blue? Blue with ivory distressing?  Crackle?   To match the antique cabinet?  Boy do I have some ideas going through my head!  The chair was $4 at an auction several years ago. I redid the seat right after I got it and am now ready to redo it again.  I may even learn to use Bryan’s spray gun :)  


I was planning to match the walls to the tan/brown in the curtains.  Bryan has informed me that he will not paint the walls brown.  Blue Ivy here we come.  The inside of the built in china cabinet – don’t worry it’s just plywood – St. Croix blue.   I am so looking forward to this.

1 comment:

  1. I like the colors and look of the fabric, very different for you two. I think it will look great. Don't forget to take before and after pics to post!

    ReplyDelete